By donating a vehicle to Goodwill Northern Michigan, you are putting a family on the road to independence through our Workers on Wheels program.
While vehicles most needed are those in good condition with no major mechanical problems. ALL vehicles provide valuable resources to meet the program mission.
Donated vehicles that are in good mechanical or reasonably repairable condition are matched with qualified low-income recipients, either through direct award or sale for below their fair market value. In both cases, they meet the IRS requirements for full fair market value deduction. For cars valued at $5,000 or more, a qualified appraisal is required prior to the vehicle donation. Goodwill Northern Michigan will complete and provide to each donor, the appropriate federal and state required tax forms.
The process is simple. The title, keys and vehicle brought to one of 9 Goodwill Northern Michigan Retail Stores (Acme, Alpena, Chums Corners, Cadillac, Charlevoix, Cheboygan, Gaylord, Petoskey, and Traverse City), a quick 5 minute Donor Form completion and you’re on your way!
- Donor must be able to sign over clear title and provide keys to the vehicle.
- Goodwill accepts cars, trucks, vans, motorcycles,RVs, boats, and snowmobiles on trailers. For items that are not titled, registration must be provided.
- Financial contributions are also welcomed and are used to accomplish safety inspections and necessary repairs to make donated vehicles safe and road ready.
- Donors may claim a contribution deduction on their itemized federal income taxes.
- Goodwill advises that you consult your tax professional to determine how tax incentives for vehicle donations apply to your unique individual tax situation.
- Donors will receive documentation from Goodwill for tax purposes.
- It is advisable to photograph your vehicle to document its condition, as well as maintaining a dated, third-party valuation such as Kelley Blue Book or NADA.
IRS guidelines for charitable contributions can be located on the IRS website (www.irs.gov) or by calling 1-800-829-1040.
Your donation today will help put a low income working family on the road to independence! We also accept monetary donations to our Workers on Wheels program. Donate Now!
Contact us today!
Email: Vehicle Donations