- Speak and think kindly of people experiencing homelessness — it’s a difficult situation, is not a chosen condition, and rarely self-inflicted
- Refer someone who is homeless or at risk of homelessness to the Northwest Michigan Community Action Agency (947-3870) for housing search and assistance.
- Refer someone to the Goodwill Inn (922-4890) if emergency shelter is what’s needed.
- Hire a Goodwill homeless and housing program participant. Our clients have many skills and diverse work and educational backgrounds. Contact Workforce Development for more information.
- Donate personal hygiene or personal care items to the Goodwill Inn or other shelters.
- Donate time, talent, or money to the work of non-profits addressing issues of homelessness.
Current events and ways to give:
- Make a Donation – click here to donate securely online.
- Purchase critical need items – click here for wish list
- Underpantry Collection is underway in partnership with the United Way of Northwest Michigan Family Volunteer Day, click to find out more
Click here to view more stories and learn more about Goodwill Homeless and Housing programs.