Goodwill strengthens communities by enhancing the dignity and quality of life for people in need by overcoming barriers to opportunities through learning and the power of work.
- Workforce development is the outcome of all we do.
- We will pursue, in concert with community partners and area needs, workforce development opportunities in positions that leverage existing resources.
- We will have a strategically relevant framework to make decisions in real time
- Our partnerships will provide greater avenues for others to fund; freeing us to reallocate our resources.
- We will be providing training and career programming to meet community and client need
- We will be about creating opportunities – not creating jobs and taking on everything
- We are maintaining what we have in housing and support services
- We are committed to developing policies, procedures and program design that all staff and Board are held accountable to.
- We will have a Board and Staff succession plan program in place.
- Board and staff will strengthen our abilities in the areas of leadership, communication, planning and execution.
- We have increased efficiency and service, including our rural areas, through technology.
CCAT – Prioritized Capacity Building Plan
Major Priorities for Goodwill:
- Leadership: Internal leadership
- Leadership: Leader Vision
- Management: Managing Program Staff
- Management: Staff Development
- Organizational Culture: (Unifying, Empowering, Re-energizing)
- Leadership/Organizational Development
- Communication – External, Internal
- Program Planning and Development
- Workforce Development
- Support Services
CRITERIA FOR DECISION MAKING
- In alignment with values, and mission and strategic direction?
- Does it have a workforce development component or support the effort?
- Meets an unmet need/unique service within the scope of our direction?
- Measurable outcomes vs. net cost over five years?
- Leadership/Organizational Development (Board/Staff)
- Program Planning & Development s
- Communication (Internal/External)