Mission: We help people overcome barriers to independence.
Vision: All people in our community have opportunities to optimize independence.
- Continuous improvement
- Customer focus
- Financial Responsibility
Goodwill Industries of Northern Michigan, Inc. Strategic Plan 2010-2013
Goodwill will be more widely known and respected as a social enterprise that positively impacts people’s lives through programs and services within its territory.
Increase retail shoppers and donors by increasing locations (increase stores and attended donation sites for customer convenience).
- Increase number of people with positive outcomes by at least 5% annually based on baseline benchmarks and target increases for each program.
- Develop affordable housing with a subsidy mechanism to include support services and a continuum of housing for individuals and families
- Add services in communities with identified need in our territory.
- Expand workforce development services by adding more job training and job placement services including job creation
Goodwill will identify and develop skills and talents within its people in order to foster mission growth.
- Increase mission awareness among employee base and Board of Directors
- Increase job specific and information technology systems training for employees and volunteers
- Provide family strengthening services to our own employees and build capacity for these services
- Identify and acquire staff expertise necessary to carry out mission services and augment the capacity of staff through the integration of volunteers to foster mission growth
Goodwill will maintain fiscal responsibility in order to ensure long-term sustainability.
- Increase total revenue to $10 million by 2013 through normal business operations
- Maintain board approved debt to equity ratios and cash reserves
- Increase number of retail donors to 190,000 annually
- Increase major gifts, planned gifts, online giving, grant funding and event revenue to support annually defined needs of specific programs
Build and strengthen organizational systems and infrastructure to support mission growth.
- Create mechanisms and staffing structure that promote strong program leadership to provide coordination and growth at all levels of the organization
- Enhance information and performance based reporting system to support outcomes management
- Review and implement necessary revisions to current Board of Directors organizational structure